The Most Convenient Option
We understand that sometimes it's just not possible to travel in order to attend a class. That is why NativeScript Training has invested in developing virtual training options that provide you with the ability to gain in-depth knowledge wherever you are based.
All classes delivered in Washington, DC offer the ability to participate virtually, from anywhere on earth. These solutions blend traditional classroom instruction, multiple training locations, and the best-of-class conferencing technology - into what we refer to as Remote Classroom Instruction (RCI). It was designed from inception to bring the benefits of traditional instructor-led training to convenient locations on a predictable schedule.
What to Expect in an RCI Class?
An RCI class is hands-on, instructor-led training. The training is live and interactive. Before the class begins, you will receive an electronic version of the course manual with slides and lab exercises. While you are working on lab exercises, you can share your screen with the instructor and get help if you run into trouble.
What you'll be able to do?
- View the Instructor’s Presentation: Using Web conferencing tools, you are able to see the instructor’s desktop as he or she steps you through demonstrations or displays PowerPoint presentations.
- Listen and Participate: Using voice over IP (VOIP) technology, you can listen to the instructor and participate, just as in a regular class!
- Get help from the Instructor: Web conferencing software enables the instructor to access to your computer and view your desktop.
- Have Face-to-Face Interaction: Web cameras are positioned in the classroom so you can view your instructor. And of course, if there are others attending at your location, you’ll be able to interact with those students.
How Does It Work?
You’re probably familiar with web conferencing software that lets you meet and collaborate with colleagues in different locations. The same kind of software is used in delivering our RCI classes. Internet conferencing technology lets you to see what is happening on the instructor’s PC as they demonstrate how to use the course software. It’s also used to transmit other aspects of the instructor’s presentation such as PowerPoint slides, whiteboard work, and the instructor’s image on the web camera.
Attend Class From Your Home or Office
In most circumstances, it's possible to attend one of our RCI classes from a location outside of our training centers such as your home or office. If participating from your home or office is right for you, we'll provide you with all the information you need to get set up for your class. Typical setup time is less than 20 minutes -- that's time you'll get back by not having to commute to the class! Another major advantage of attending class from home is 24/7 access to class labs.
At a minimum, you'll need the following components:
- A computer running Windows 7/8 or Mac OS X 10.6 or later; if available, an additional computer may be used so that you can see the broadcast of the instructor presentation alongside of the classroom image that you'll be working on to perform the exercises and labs
- A high speed Internet connection (DSL or faster)
- A hands-free headset with head piece and microphone or a standalone microphone and computer speakers